Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How can I get my life time garmin maps back my pc crashed

Customer Question

how can I get my life time garmin maps back my pc crashed
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your device and computer.
May I ask:
1) the MODEL of the device?
2) the AGE of the device?
3) Did you get the computer repaired or other wise have access to a working computer now?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
garmin 1300 a bout 5 yrs yes I had it repaired
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
OK - you SHOULD be able to load the current update tool (program) on your computer (called Garmin Express), connect your device to the computer via the USB cable, and then ADD your device to the program and be able to update the maps right from Garmin Express.
NOTE: When you FIRST run Garmin Express and add your device, you will be offered to "register" your device. This is OPTIONAL, and I suspect that you have already registered the device, so you will want to SKIP that registration and go on to the "update" sections. Just make sure you have a HIGH SPEED internet connection AND AT LEAST an hour or two, when you decide to update the maps. This is because it takes a while to get the maps transferred via the internet and then loaded onto the device.
Here is a link to where you can get Garmin Express (below). There is also a newer "intro video" on that page that you may want to look at.
http://software.garmin.com/express.html
Please give that a try and let me know your results - when you can - and let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)