Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My Maestro 4250 screen, is only displaying the following: GPS

Customer Question

my Maestro 4250 screen, is only displaying the following:
GPS Status
3D position fix tracking 4 ?????
what does this mean ?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
May I ask:
1) the AGE of the device?
2) WHEN this issue first began?
3) WHEN the device was last used successfully?
Thanks
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I didn't see a response from my first questions, but I wanted to send the following information before I take an afternoon break.
I noticed that this is an "older" device in the Magellan line, so there could be multiple causes of this issue. Mainly it could be a hardware issue or a software issue.
Magellan does not offer repairs of devices - once they are past their warranty period (1 year standard). BUT, if this is a software issue, you CAN try to update the software, using a program called "Content Manager". I have a link below to where you can get that program for your computer.
http://www.magellangps.com/contentmanager
I also have a link to a few Video Tutorials, which includes how to use the Content Manager program. Just make sure you click on the Content Manager "tab" to see them.
Video Tutorials
http://www.magellangps.com/Video-Tutorials
If that does not get the device going again, I would recommend looking for a newer device to meet your needs. As a reference only, I have a link below to a search on Amazon, that will give you a good list of what is available now, and the cost. If you find something that looks good, you could use those results to see if the same (or similar) model is available locally - if you need a working device quickly.
Search results for Magellan GPS (Amazon)
http://amzn.to/1xonD9w
I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)