Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Garmin Forerunner 305 after charging runs down in about 30

Customer Question

Garmin Forerunner 305 after charging runs down in about 30 minutes
(power button is not labeled, which is it?)
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your Forerunner. May I ask:1) the AGE of the device?2) if you are having any other issues - besides the battery lasting for only 30 minutes? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just guessing less than 10 years old
I don't think there are other problems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, OK - at that age, I would suspect that the battery is long past its "useful age", and will need to be replaced. So may I ask if you have EVER had the battery replaced before?And if so, WHEN was that last done? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I didn't see a response from my last post, but I wanted to send the following information before I take an afternoon break. First, I see that Garmin no longer offers repair (or battery replacement) for this unit - sorry about that.BUT, I do see that a replacement battery CAN be found online AND it can be replaced with only a few steps.Here is a link to where you can find a battery (Amazon search results).http://amzn.to/1HM6Hv5 And here is link to a video (one of many videos) that shows how the unit can be disassembled, replace the battery, and glue the parts back together again.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vQTHF76B6A Now you MAY be able to find these batteries locally - at a "battery store", or perhaps a sporting goods store that carries similar units.And some of these stores MAY offer to replace the battery for you - but only if they have done that in the past.As a reference, I also have a link to the Electronic (PDF) version of the unit manual for you (below), so that you can identify all the buttons of the unit.http://static.garmin.com/pumac/984_OwnersManual.pdf I hope this helps get your unit back into working shape. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.Thanks, ***** ***** (im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)