Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.
23511658

I have a nuvi 2607 series that will not stayed paired. I am

Customer Question

I have a nuvi 2607 series that will not stayed paired. I am told from Verizon that my lg phone will not work on this model .I am told that I need a smart phone to pair with
Category: GPS
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Depending on the phone that you have, what they are saying to may be accurate. The GPS will only pair with a phone like an android phone or an iPhone. If you do have one of those phones then it will pair with it and work correctly. However, if you have what is called a feature phone like a flip phone or a phone that just has phone and some pairing capability, the Bluetooth pairing profiles required by the GPS are not in those phones. For example it includes a profile to pair a headset, but it does not include a profile to play high-quality audio and several other profiles. So if that's the case they are correct you would need a smart phone with which to pair the GPS. Then again if you have a smart phone there's usually a GPS built into it so it's usually redundant. However if you want any advice on getting a phone that will function the way you wanted to, please let me know because I can help you with that as well. Mike