MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

I have two Gus's. One maestro (5") and a 9259-lmb). The prob

Customer Question

I have two Gus's. One maestro (5") and a 9259-lmb). The problem I'm having is when,but not all the time, I start putting in a name of a street but partway through it stops me and other names pop up which are similar pop up. I try to correct it but it cannot be corrected. I start over and the same thing happens over and over. This happens on both Gus's. Most of the time everything works good. Just once in a while. What. Can be done ?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I presume your GPS devices are Magellan Maestro of some exact model, and Magellan RoadMate 9250T or similar model. Do the other names that pop up look familiar? or are they completely nothing you ever entered before? Try this: when other names pop up, don't select them. Don't do anything with them. Ignore them. Just keep on typing in your intended destination or location. This feature (once I have determined what it is) should be able to be disabled completely, if you never want it to appear (and esp. if it never suggests anything you ever use, or ever used before.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When tthes
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I cannot offer phone call service at this time, regrettably. You basically need to find the 'destination auto-fill' or similar option or setting, in your Magellan device's settings, then disable that option or setting, and save the changed setting if necessary.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I must Opt Out owing to having refused / been unable to respond to your Phone Service request... but I am still here to provide assistance if you need it. Thanks, ***** ***** me know.
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael Are you in the US?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I'm partway through the street name and it stops me the rest of the key board is ghosted out and can't be used. I try several times to start over but the same thing happens
Thanks for that information.Dose it do this every time and with all addresses?Tech Mike
Also how old is your GPS?And did this problem occur after an update?Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No! It has only happened two times on two different street names. Only half of the name could be typed in then other street names which start with the same letters pop up, which I don't want. I start over and the same thing happens. It is like it thinks it knows what word I want. I can't figure out how to get around the problem.
I understand sometimes the memory will set it self this way, its more annoying than anything lol.How old is your GPS?ThanksMike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. I've never had an update. I don't use them much. My maestro was new when I bought it back in about 2010 or 2011. The 9250T-LMB was bought last year. It was refurbished from Amazon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what you still need to know but I didn't know this would take so long. I got other things I need to do so if you can't figure out the problem just tell me so I can get on with my other things.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone still there?
Hi yes I'm here was helping another customer I apologize.
Hi smart TV's will do updates from the web automatically as newer software becomes available
As for your GPS however it would be something where you hooked it up to your computer for this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never hooked either gps. to a computer. However this problem started it was in the gps from the start. What I want to know is how to get the entire address typed in without the unit thinking it knows what name I want.
Hi to change that you will need to remove the internal battery then press and hold the power button in for 20 seconds then release it. Then wait 30 minute, this gives the system time to discharge and clear the problem you are having.Next replace the battery and turn it on, let it come up and the issue should be resolved at that point. Its called a cold reset ;-)Please rate kindly at this time, I will you in case you have any further issues.have a great day, no cost to rate my service and you can contact me anytime after rating until this problem is gone for sure.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just hope getting the internal battery out is no problem and putting.it back in. Also taking the back of the unit off.
Hi, you can do a web search and there are a few ways to do this. There is likely a Utube video out there that will show you exactly how to do that;-) Let me know if you need more information, I will be here for you. Please rate kindly at this time.Thank youTech Michael