Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How do I get the english setting garmin 2689?

Customer Question

How do I get the english setting for my garmin 2689?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
May I ask:
1) Where this unit was purchased from?
2) if this is a "brand new" device, or perhaps a "used" or "refurbished" unit?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I didn't see a response from my first post, but wanted to send the following before I take a short break.
To change the language of the device, please use the following steps:
1) Power up the device so that the MAIN SCREEN is showing (with Magnifying glass and Map icons).
2) Touch the "Settings" icon (wrench & screwdriver).
3) Use the arrow keys to scroll - until you see the "Language & Keyboard" line (the "Lips" icon) and touch that line.
4) Touch the SECOND line down, which is the "Text Language".
5) If needed, use the UP arrow to scroll to the top of the list, where you should see "American English". Touch that line so the button is filled in, then touch Save (lower-right box).
6) Back out of the Settings screen (use the back-arrow) and you should now have your device in English.
As a reference, here is a video that shows the Language & Keyboard settings, and how to get to them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJtl9WI7_9o
Please give these things a try and let me know your results, or if you have any other questions.
And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate my service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you today.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** *****(im)