Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a new Garmin map 700 series and slowly getting aquainted.

Customer Question

I have a new Garmin map 700 series and slowly getting aquainted. After my handheld GPS of many years, where I had a track and bearing comparison, I am not finding a track on this Gps. It has off course in feet! Thats not helping.
Also speed is not displaying.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the course should be in meters (or perhaps metres) or in miles, km, etc., then you need to change a setting.
This setting alters everything... if you change from km to miles, for instance, you get km/hour instead of miles/hour, and so forth.
Press HOME.
Select CONFIGURE, press Select.
Select PREFERENCES, press Select.
Select UNITS, press Select.
Select SYSTEM UNITS, press Select.
Select one of four options, and press Select... those options are
- Statute (i.e. feet, mph, degrees F.)
- Metric (meters, km/hr, degrees C.)
- Nautical (knots, feet, degrees F.)
- Custom (allows each unit of measure to be chosen particularly outside of those three standard schemes.)
After a change to these setting, all these units in the device will be changed, and reflected in displayed data.
Let me know if that works, or if it fails to work and for what reason or at what point if so, please. Thanks.