Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

On the Garmin Nuvi 66 Lm how do I create an address book to

Customer Question

On the Garmin Nuvi 66 Lm how do I create an address book to keep all my personal addresses ?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
If this is the first Garmin device you have owned, getting used to the "features" of these devices can take some time.
May I ask what "manual" you have for reference, and what page number you were looking at for these steps?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The manual is the Garmin Nuvi - 55/56/65/66 openers manual that I downloaded to my computer . I have not read every page Yet.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
May I ask if this is the FIRST Nuvi you have owned?
May I also ask if you have SAVED any addresses yet?
Also, if you have the same manual that I have, there is a very important note towards the bottom left column of page 4, that mentions that the "Categories appear in the saved locations menu AFTER you have saved AT LEAST 12 locations" (I added the CAPITAL letters).
I believe that is the time that you can add your own categories - besides the ones that are already defined in the unit.
I think I have a video somewhere that shows how that works, and I will see if I can find it for you.
In the mean time, can you find a SAVE at least 12 addresses (make them up if needed), and then see if the Category shows up when you try to save # ***** (or 13)?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I found the video that shows how you can ADD a new Category (with your own name) AND use it - once you have the 12 favorites saved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2rVZLW8LQs
Please take a look and then try the same steps on your device - to see if you can ADD your own category (such as "phonebook"), and then access that new category from the Where To screen.
NOTE: The screens in the video MAY be a bit different than what you see on your Nuvi, but the functions should be the same.
Please let me know your results or if you have any more questions - when you can.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)