Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Magellan Maestro GPS, The screen is frozen. What

Customer Question

I have a Magellan Maestro GPS, The screen is frozen. What can I do to unfreze the screen?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Lets try this.. With the device connected to your computer via its usb cord.
Slide and hold the power button on for 25 seconds. That should force it to reset and reboot.
Once it reboots ( if it reboots ) you should consider downloading the magellan content manager on your computer, and then updating the software on your device.
You can download it here.
http://www.magellangps.com/contentmanager
If sliding the power button and holding it for 25 seconds doesnt reset the device.
Then try connecting it to your computer and installing and running the content manager. The manager may be able to see your device, and then force it to update.
Good luck~ And if you run into any issues completing these steps youre welcome to reply and I will assist you further.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.