Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a Garmin nuvi 610/660 with lifetime update. I was instructed

Customer Question

I have a Garmin nuvi 610/660 with lifetime update. I was instructed to purchase a card.
I inserted the card and proceeded with the update only to discover that I do not have access to complete North America and Canada. How can I correct this?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Its almost always easier and faster if we speak over the phone, or if I connect to your computer directly and help you change maps and update the device on screen, directly. If you'd like to try either or both of those options, let me know. For now I will proceed with written help below.
Question.. Who instructed you to purchase a card?
Also, was it a blank Sd card you purchased, or was it a paid map update card?
Also, to change maps I need to know what type of computer you have.
To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using. Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.   If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.   Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac.  And then where it says version,  send that to me as a reply.
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I notice that you have been creating duplicate questions, which I have messaged to have closed.
Please respond here. That way I can assist you.
Also, did you read my message above already? If so, please respond on this same page so that we can get started.
Thank you,
Dustin S.