Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a problem with a Garmin Approach S2 that I purchased

Customer Question

Hi, I have a problem with a Garmin Approach S2 that I purchased about 1.5 years ago. Where I live I can only use it during the winter months.
I was having trouble with it not charging for a while but eventually it would come on. Now it will not turn on no matter what I do. I even purchased a new one and tried that charger but that didn't work either.
Any suggestions?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What you are describing normally means the battery needs to be replaced. You can get it replaced here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-Approach-S1-S2-or-S3-Golf-Watch-Battery-Replacement-Service-/290904589370?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
Unfortunately it is not something you can replace yourself and when not under warranty it is not usually worth going through Garmin. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Garmin.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, there has to be something that can be done . . . 1.5 years with limited usage doesn't seem quite fair to me at the prices these go for? Also I am not willing to pay for this response, if you had supplied a solution it might have been different. How long are batteries supposed to last in this product?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
This is not a free site and I have no control over how long batteries last. If you want to continue let me know but this is not in any way a free site and the satisfaction guarantee does not mean I can make broken parts or dead batteries work again without them being replaced. If you want me to walk you through replacing it on your own I can, but I don't suggest it if you do it improperly you will damage it beyond all repair. If you do not want to continue reply with the word cancel.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel