Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

I recently bought a TOM TOM GO 40 w maps of Western Europe.

Customer Question

I recently bought a TOM TOM GO 40 w maps of Western Europe. I successfully downloaded
MY DRIVE and updated my device. A week later I received notice of further updates ....and went for a further update. During that update I had forgot to plug in my Mac ( with device attached ) and ran out of electricity. I reconnected the electricity and completed the update. My Mac reported the update successful, but my device now has NO maps...and I received the device message that I should re download maps that I had bought or buy new maps. Please tell me how to re download the maps from my Mac to my device. I have tried many times and both the Mac and the device tells me the download/up date was successful, ....but it was not...and I still have no maps. Very frustrated! Over to you. Roger
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this
If your navigation device is connected to the computer, disconnect it.
Click the MyDrive Connect icon (Image or Image) in the Apple menu bar and then select Settings > Settings.
Select the tab Cache.
Click Empty the cache.
Click Save settings.
Restart MyDrive Connect:
Click the MyDrive Connect icon (Image or Image) in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and hold down the Shift key while you click Close.
On the next window click Exit.
Start MyDrive Connect.
Double-click MyDriveConnect.app in the Applications folder.
Then reset but Pressing and holding the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more.
Connect your navigation device to your computer, then switch on the device. MyDrive Connect offers to download your map again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not find cache.Can I give you remote control of my Mac so that you can do whatever is required?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is an additional service, and I have proposed this.
Please accept the offer and I can then do this for you now.