Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Garmin unvi 2557 that will not turn on. I think the

Customer Question

I have a Garmin unvi 2557 that will not turn on. I think the battery was low. I have just updated online. It now does not turn on. I have plugged it into a wall outlet. It will not turn on even when plugged in the wall.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Are you using the same cord when plugged into the wall outlet, as you used when you plugged it into the computer? The reason I ask is the Garmin has one of three problems. It could be the physical charging port on the garmin. If you remove the USB power cord. And look inside the port, does it look like anything is bent, broken or missing? Also, when you insert the USB power cord if you wiggle the cord inside the Garmins charging port. Does it feel loose, or like it has any give or play? If it feels solid. Then this could be a charging cord issue. You can pick up all three charging cables here for 10$ http://amzn.to/1KDAbPv Thats a wall, vehicle and Computer / usb charging cable. Most likely though, and from the moment I read and re-read your problem description this issue seemed like a clearcut issue of needing a battery replacement. You can get an entire battery replacement kit ( tools, instructional video, battery) here for 30$ http://amzn.to/1RdsCTm With the tools and battery the instructional video included in that kit will make this a repair you can do at home. If you already have the tools and the know-how, you can order just the battery itself here http://amzn.to/1GZTkVy If you have any further questions.. Let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
HI, I haven't heard back from you since I sent you the answer on the 5th.
Did you still need help with this issue, did you have further questions? Please respond when you can so that we can either mark this issue as solved, or so I can provide further assistance.
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It powered up.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear it powered up.
Was it the battery or the charging cord? And also, since the device is now working please dont forget to click and submit one of the star ratings to show whether I assisted you or not. ( as currently my work history shows I was unable to help you)
Dustin S.