Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Garmin S3 golf watch says SIRF InsatantFixII 2012SIRF on

Customer Question

My Garmin S3 golf watch says SIRF InsatantFixII 2012SIRF on the face. It won't do anything, I can't even turn it off? Please help
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Sounds like your device locked up during a satellite acquisition process.
What we need to try and do, is master reset the device. Of course, we need to get it to turn off in order to do so. Try disconnecting it from power. Try pressing the light / power button and holding it for a minute, or two minutes. ( hopefully it will shut off) If it wont shut off, you can try the steps below but they usually wont work unless you start with the device off. Worst case scenario, your going to have to leave it on and let it drain the battery till it shuts off. Once its shut off, heres how to repair it
To perform a master reset:
Power off device
Press and hold Score
Press the Power button
Select Yes when prompted "Clear user data?" (all buttons may be released at this time)
The device should now be reset to default factory settings, and the device should function as expected.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hi SHaron, I havent heard back from you since the fourth of July.
When you have the time, can you send a message and let me know if you still need further help, or if the issue was resolved.
Thank you,
Dustin S.