Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I AM CONNECTED WITH gARMIN NUVI65LM AM TRYING TO GET MAP UPDATE

Customer Question

I AM CONNECTED WITH gARMIN NUVI65LM AM TRYING TO GET MAP UPDATE HELP
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The LM designation on your model means you wont have to pay for the map update itself. To install the update please do as follows. On your computer go to this link http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html Download and install the garmin express program. Once it is installed. Open and run the garmin express program. When the garmin express program is on screen. It will ask you to connect your garmin. Connect your garmin by a USB cord to the computer. And then turn the garmin on. The garmin express program should recognize it. And then ask you to register it ( enter your email address and a password ***** create a garmin account and register your nuvi, to your name) Once registered. The garmin express program will give you the option to update the maps and software. The map update process can take 2-3 hours. And you cannot interrupt the process. So once you start the process do not turn off your computer, use it for anything else, or disconnect your garmin. Once the update is finished, your device will have new maps and be ready to use. If you get stuck or run into any issues with the map update process , reply here and I will assist you further as needed. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I havent heard back from you in a week.
Did you need further assistance? Were you able to update the maps after reading the advice I sent you.
Thank you,
Dustin S.