Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

After turning on my nuvi 200 a screen appears saying that no

Customer Question

After turning on my nuvi 200 a screen appears saying that no maps are available. If I press on the screen for a few seconds, it displays the where to screen, but then when I enter data the screen says no data ia available.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
May I ask what you see on the View Map screen - when you do NOT try to enter a destination (or address)?
Do you see the DETAILED maps for your current location or ONLY the MAJOR roads close by (if you zoom out)?
Thanks
(im)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the major roads
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded Garmin Express and reinstalled the maps, but get the same error message--no data.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
Sorry for any delay.
May I ask if you have checked the "Map Info" screen, and if so, seen if you have a map version showing there AND a "check mark" next to the map name? If you do NOT see a check mark next to the name, touch the file name (or box next to it) to make the Check Mark appear, then try again.
To get to the Map Info screen, start that the main screen and touch Tools (wrench), then Settings, then Map, then Map Info.
Please let me know EXACTLY what you see on that screen.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)