Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Garmin 4212 chartplotter will power up and work fine, but if

Customer Question

Garmin 4212 chartplotter will power up and work fine, but if it gets powered off it won't turn back on. Only After several hours will turn back on.
Please help
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
When is the last time you installed any software updates onto the unit or reset it? If you haven't installed any software updates since you purchased it. Id suggest buying the update card from garmin, and installing the software update.
You can get the update card here
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod10594.html
Once you have received the card and installed the update.. A factory reset usually helps the device to start fresh, with the newly updated software.
Press "Calibrate" on the main screen and select the option for "Configure."
Go to the option for "System," "System Information," and then "Factory Settings Reset."
Press the option for "Yes" to reset the device.
Once those steps are completed if you still experience the issue.
Consider tracing your power and ground lines to make sure they have a good contact.
Also, the batteries on your vessel may not be able to carry the load of your electronics. Consider having them checked / load tested..
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.