Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Nuvi 2557 is losing time. Is it getting old?

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Can you explain this a little more please?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was using the Nuvi and then it fades and you can't see the screen. Is it sleep mode and where do I fix this?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
OK when you press the power button after that happens what does it do? If you put it on the charger and try to turn it on what happens? Please test the last one with 2 different charges in case the charger itself is failing.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The charger is fine and the GPS is working, but the computer cannot detect it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You just said that the screen went dim so you could not see anything, now you are saying the GPS is fine but your computer is not recognizing it. You never mentioned a computer before. I am going to opt out and open this to all experts, please reply with your entire and exact problem for the next person.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

BOth questions. When I used it in the car, it went blank and when I use it at home it just sits there and doesn't connect to the computer as stated the first time.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I see that the other expert has opened your question for others to try and help you, so let's see if I can help.
First, can I get some basic information such as:
1) May I ask the AGE of the device?
2) May I ask what is meant by "losing time" (in your first post)?
3) WHEN and WHERE did this issue first begin (in the vehicle, at home, etc.)?
I look forward to your responses.
Thanks
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)