Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My garman nuvi 750 will not reboot and has a system software

Customer Question

My garman nuvi 750 will not reboot and has a system software missing error message on screen
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try updating the Garmin device... that might rewrite the missing system software, hopefully. When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express. Go tohttp://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did not rectify the issue system software missing
OK, try this: 1. power Off the Garmin device. 2. Then hold down the Power button, steadily, without releasing it, for perhaps a minute and a half... at first you should see 'Pre-Boot Mode' on the screen, then the screen should flicker a while... eventually the Pre-Boot Mode message should disappear, if you keep holding down the POWER button. 3. Once that message disappears, release the POWER button. 4. The device will work away for awhile, and (I hope, in your case) it will recover the basic ability to boot up, of the device. Let me know how it goes - or, if that succeeds, please rate my Answer - favorably - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks.