Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a nuvi 40 with North American maps, going to UK and

Customer Question

I have a nuvi 40 with North American maps, going to UK and France, can I upload or purchase europe maps?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You can buy the map you need here:
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/previous%20models/nuvi-40/maps/on-the-road-maps/city-navigator-nt/city-navigator-europe-nt/prod6299_010-10680-50.html
I suggest the SD card option as they are a lot more reliable than downloads.
If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Garmin.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw that, but I want to download it, no time to get it shipped, leaving tonight
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
There is a download option there as well, just click on where it says SD and choose download.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow, $100 US non refundable, will it work for sure on my old nuvi 40
Would not be cheaper to just buy another GPS in Europe with loaded European maps !
Should I go to the Canadian site instead to pay in Canadian $
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
It will work on your model and it should be the same price CAD the GPS only comes with maps for the original area you purchase it in. So if you prefer you can just buy a new device in the UK but it may not have France on it. Usually the UK devices only come with UK and Ireland. Call this number to complain about the pricing: 1(###) ###-####I can't do anything about that and just the UK map is usually 69.99.
.