Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How do I get a British male voice nuvi 2757LM?

Customer Question

How do I get a British male voice for my nuvi 2757LM?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
May I ask for HOW LONG you have had this device, and was it purchased as "new", or perhaps "refurbished"?
I only ask so that I will have some idea of what instructions you should have received with the device.
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I didn't see a response from my first note, but I wanted to send the following information before I take a short break.
You MAY already have the British male voices installed in the device, so if that is the case, all you will need to do is find the "Voice Language" selection screen in the device and select it, then SAVE your choice.
To do that, start at the MAIN Screen, and touch Settings, then scroll down until you see "Language & Keyboard" and touch that, then touch the "Voice Language" line and look for the British voice there. Again, you will want to select it and then SAVE your choice.
Here is a link to a video that shows how that can be done (on a similar device).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3EeE0I_9PE
If you do NOT have the British voices already installed, you should be able to get that voice installed via the Garmin Express program. I have a link below to where you can get that program for your computer.
http://www.garmin.com/express
NOTE: There is a video right on the Garmin Express page I linked to above, that shows how to install and use the program.
Also, once you have Garmin Express working with your device connected, you should find the voice file update listed under the "Tools" sub-menu of Garmin Express (look for "Optional Updates" and then the "Language Files" section below that, and then select "English".
Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)