Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How can I load a map of Italy onto my Garmin 3597?

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
The easiest way to install an Italian map onto your garmin, is to purchase a Italy / Greece Sd card with the map already loaded onto it. Then you just insert the sd card into your Garmin, turn it on.
And go into settings, map info, and select the Italy map. You can get a 2013 edition of the map card here at a steep discount.
http://amzn.to/1GglNVV
Or, you can order a 2015 card directly from garmin, brand new. At this link
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/maps/on-the-road-maps/city-navigator-nt/city-navigator-europe-nt-italy-greece/prod8429.html
Id suggest ordering the SD card and not the download version ( theres a drop down box on the page above that will let you select either a download, or sd card )
I prefer the SD cards when loading maps that werent originally on the unit, as the internal storage generally tends hold only one region of maps. Using an SD card makes switching between maps a simpler process.
That card is compatible with your Nuvi 3597 HD unit.
If you have further questions, let me know.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.