Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My new tomtom had the language set in duch. how to change it

Customer Question

My new tomtom had the language set in duch. how to change it to
English
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
I can help you with this issue. Can you first verify the model of TomTom you have? If your unsure, the below page will help you locate the model.
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/minor_detail/a_id/9508/
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Im not sure if you seen my last message. Do you know the model of TomTom you have?
If not, this link should help you find it.
Also, I seen a request for an additional service. The request did not specific the service you wanted to try..
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont have a smart phone cant view the ans
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4EF0.017.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that the mod no /
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this operation is too complicated for me i will just return this devfice aqnd forget it
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I did not see your replies earlier.. I had to research the numbers you sent me from my home PC, to figure out what model of TomTom you have. The model number you sent me looks like thats for a battery. The battery, Is for the TomTOm Start series. You probably have a TomTom Start 40 , Start 45 , Start 50 or Start 55 . If you go to this link http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4532/~/change-language-on-device You should be able to find directions to change the language ( even if you cant read the language the symbols for what to tap on in the directions will match the instuctions on the above link ) The first or the second option, are most likely the ones that will match the settings and screens you will see on your unit. If this doesnt help or you run into further issues, let me know.