Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Why my garmin 1450 nuvi sound stop working

Customer Question

why my garmin 1450 nuvi sound stop working
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
May I ask the AGE of your device and WHEN this issue first began?
Also, was ANYTHING done to the device (update, etc.) just before this started to happen?
And just to be clear, please VERIFY that you have NO SOUND AT ALL - even the "beep tones" when you touch the screen to enter data or move to a different screen.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE GPS IS ABOUT 8 YEARS OLD. THERE IS NOT SOUND AT ALL , THERE HAVE BEEN NO WORK DONE ON THE DEVICE, WHEN YOU ENTER DATA THERE IS NOE BEEPING SOUND.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
May I ask WHEN this issue FIRST BEGAN?
- AND -
WHEN the device last did have sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ABOUT A MONTH
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
OK - there are a couple of possibilities for this type of issue:
1) could be a "hardware" issue - where the circuits that drive the speaker have failed OR the speaker itself, or the connection to the speaker.
2) could be a "software" issue - where the "sound files" (voice files really) have been lost or corrupted in the device.
So a "hardware" issue would mean having the device taken apart to troubleshoot further. If you have a spare speaker for these devices lying around that you could TEST with OR you are comfortable taking the device apart and checking the connection, that would be the next step.
For a "software" issue, we could want to CHECK the "voices" in the list of the device, CHANGE to a different voice, and then reboot the device and try again.
So do you know how to get to the Voice selection screen, and can make that CHANGE - and reboot to TEST?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Very good.
Please do that Voice CHANGE and TEST, and let me know the results - when you can.
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see some time has gone by, and I was wondering if you were able to find and CHANGE the voice selected, and if that restored the sound on the device.
Please let me know - when you can.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)