Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Will not detect any golf course, or the select golf course

Customer Question

Will not detect any golf course, or the select golf course does not appear. All irsays is no course in area
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If you have a Golf GPS device of some sort, please tell me what maker, and model #, it is, so that I can advise you more specifically.
But from what you have said, you need to
A. reset the golf GPS device (if that's what it is.)
B. take it out under the sky, without any metal framework, or ceiling, above it, or wall around you, when you first turn it On after the reset. Just keep it there, under sky with open space around you, for 5 minutes, before requesting anything of it. That will give it time to 'sync up' with a satellite.
C. try requesting golf information, starting with your current position, from it.
D. *if*: it has not improved any, you may have to choose between having it repaired, or having it replaced.
But tell me before making any decision, if worst comes to worst, what the age of the golf GPS device is. Usually they are warrantied for one year after the date of purchase. Let me know how it goes, and what GPS you have (maker and model #), and how old it is, and I will advise you further as appropriate.