Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How do I enter Canada Highway 911 Addresses into Garmin?

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
May I ask the Model Number of your device?
May I also ask the AGE of the device and how long you have owned it?
And may I also ask for an APPROXIMATE address you are trying to enter on the device?
I only ask so I can go through the steps on my own units and verify the procedure.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NUVI 260W, about 5 years old.
Any rural address -for example
3412 hwy 3 (Barrington) Nova Scotia
4288 hwy 15 (Joyceville) Ontario
etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure Takes you a LLLLLLLLLLLLLONNNNNGGGG Time!!! I should not of even went to the "Just Answer" Website. Its is a pure SCAM!!! I want to cancel it and get what ever money they took from me back !!!!!!! This is pure Bullshit. It says that I owe them $53.00. I did not agree to that !!!!
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Sorry I didn't see your reply immediately - I was out picking up my son.
But it sounds like you don't want help now, so I will op out and let other experts here to try and help you.
Take Care
P.S. If you want to cancel, the following link should be helpful.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
(im)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greg: If I may call you that. This website is total scam !!! It says that you are an Engineer (a legally registered Professional Engineer is highly educated (4years+) and trained person with an Engineering Degree that has passed entrance exams to be a qualified practicing Engineer) and says you are a "Verified Expert". The next screen says you are instead an Engineering Technician (perhaps not even that). The website claims a prompt answer. It took me over 5 hours for you to even respond (and no answer). Please don't give me the answer that you were picking up your son. On top of all that "Just Answer" is trying to bill me $53.00 USD (which I didn't agree to!!!). I am going to request a full refund or cancellation of this whole episode.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Certainly you can call me Greg - that is my name.
What you may not know is that I don't sit in a particular location and answer questions on a "shift" basis - but any time (and place) I can connect to the internet.
Also, if you review the time stamps here, you will see that I replied to your initial question after about 21 minutes, and your reply to my set of questions were posted here 2 hours and 18 minutes later (after I had left).
I'm sorry if you believe the site and their claims are a "scam".
But the truth is we that work through this site have all the qualifications you mentioned, AND are verified, and the majority of fellow experts I work with here are very good at helping folks figure out issues - when they can.
And I ALWAYS try to do my best - when I can be available.
Please feel free to do whatever you feel necessary regarding your account, as we experts here have no access to any of your account information.
Take Care