Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My GPS 700 series is locked on my marina repair location. When

Customer Question

My GPS 700 series is locked on my marina repair location. When I left the marina the boat icon just flashed but I never got any satellite signal help please
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First of all, check the connection to your GPS antenna, to the GPS 700 series device. Power Off. Remove the connection, use a clean dry brush to scrub the connection on each side, then wipe each clean with a clean dry cloth until the metal shines, then reconnect. Power On again, wait several minutes to see if the GPS facility connects this time.
Second... check that the GPS 700 series device is in an active mode, rather than a demo mode or anything like that.
Let me know what happens... and also, how old the GPS 700 series devices is, measured from date of purchase.
Also, were any recent repairs or replacements done on the system, or esp. on the GPS or any of its attached components?