Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

HOW DO I GET CANADA IN GARMIN

Customer Question

HOW DO I GET CANADA IN GARMIN
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.

May I ask the FULL Model Number of your device?

May I also ask if you know what maps you currently have installed in the device?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

52 lm none

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.

I will assume that is a Nuvi 52LM.
I noticed that MOST of these units sold in the United States come with the "Lower 49 States" installed for maps. That would explain why you don't have Canada maps, or may just a "portion" of Canada - right around the border to the U.S.

Now you can VERIFY that you have the Lower 49 states by looking at your "Map Info" screen - on your device.
To do that, start at the MAIN screen, then touch Settings, then Map, then the Info button.
If you see a line of TEXT at the very end that says something like "lower 40 states", that would confirm the maps you have installed. NOTE: Those originally installed maps are also the ones you have "lifetime map updates" for (that what the LM means at the end of the model number).

So if you want to get Canada maps installed on the device, you CAN purchase such maps from the following page. These are the Canada ONLY maps, and I would highly recommend getting the "microSD/SD" card version, as that is very easy to install.

Click here --> Canada Maps page

NOTE: Depending on where you live and the stores that carry GPS units MAY have this card in stock. This would be good if you are planning to travel into Canada in the next few days, as you would not have to wait for shipping time. If that is the case, a few phone calls to the local shops to see if they have this specific card available would be a good thing to do.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

Take Care & Travel Safe, Greg A.

(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)