Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a nuvi 350 GPS and downloaded new maps costing $49.95.

Customer Question

I have a nuvi 350 GPS and downloaded new maps costing $49.95. I no longer have maps or information that is useful. I can only see major highways and Interstates, no local roads and no city streets. If I ask for a local restaurant it gives me a list 50+ miles away. Not useful. What is going on, and how can I get back to having useful information?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
It sounds like your maps did not install properly. Or else the device has had a software error.
Lets try this reset first
Start with the unit off. Now touch your finger to the upper right hand corner of the screen. Hold your finger there, and turn on the unit. Keep holding your finger there for five to 10 seconds, and it should ask you to reset all user data. Choose yes and the reset will complete.
Then, you need to allow it 5 to ten minutes to re acquire a sattelite lock after you turn it back on.
Once thats been done, does the device work normally , or still have the same issues?
If it still has the same issues, lets try this next.
On the device, go to Tools -> Settings -> Map -> Map Detail and put the setting on "High"
If that doesnt help.
Try using garmin express to change the map region..
http://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId=%7b9c806740-426f-11e2-e8a7-000000000000%7d
If you get stuck or run into any issues completing these steps, please send a reply and let me know so I can assist you.
Dustin S