Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Cannot find the port) error with my voice rangefinder. how

Customer Question

(cannot find the port) error with my voice rangefinder. how do I fix problem?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
My apologies that no one responded to you sooner.
Normally, the issue you are having is caused by the computer not recognizing your Gold Buddy correctly, as a USB device. The steps on the page below will usually cure the problem.
http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/doc/cannot_find_port_issues_plusprotour.pdf
Please go through the steps methodically and let me know if that fixes the issue, or not. If you get stuck, or if this does not fix the issue then I will continue to assist you with this issue.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ive seen your reply, it came in as a new ( duplicate ) question.
We had that question closed.. Please try to respond here, on the same conversation.
With that being said, its possible this isnt actually computer port issue. If you have connected the GB voice to this same exact computer before, and never had an issue.
Try a different usb port.
Also, have you tried a different usb cord?
Also, where the usb cord connects to the GB voice.. Can you wiggle it? Does the physical port on the GB voice feel a bit loose?