Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Garmin express doesn't connect

Customer Question

garmin express doesn't connect with my Nuvi 500, pc and Mac does
unplugged from my mac after map update, improperly. Now the pc and mac show the drives as empty. can't get it to reload as garmin doesn't recognize it
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.I'm not quite clear as to whether your Garmin is now recognized by the PC - ?or, now recognized by the Mac / Apple computer - ?I assume it is not recognized by the PC at least.Try to use Garmin Express to update the Garmin device, with it connected to the Apple computer. There is a version of Garmin Express for Apple, which you can download at a link named" Download For MAC "near the bottom, at the center of the page athttp://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html You may - if that fails or is already proved impossible - perhaps have to send the device to Garmin to have them fix this sort of severe problem. It's always bad to disconnect improperly after any sort of update.Let me know if that is what you think you would like to do, and I will advise you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a two minute response. I Have a Mac and pc and both connect to the drives in the Nuvi 500 and recognize them. Garmin express on both machines doesn't connect to the unit, It seems the base programing is damaged or missing.
So your advise is to send it to Garmin; I was looking for some advise on how to reload since garmin doesn't seem to have one that is obvious on the web.
Please don't reply, I'm done with this service. Not worth the price.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
It is possible that there is no better answer than what I offered. But you deserve the best chance at a better answer that you can get.I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category, at no extra charge to you giving you the chance at a better answer. Thanks.