Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have Golf Buddy Voice +. Problem: Message on GPS : Eror

Customer Question

I have Golf Buddy Voice +. Problem: Message on GPS : Eror 1 No voice. Will not
allow GPS to start. Stays locked. Help solve this problem.
Duane
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
It sounds as if the Voice function(s) are disabled somehow, possibly either by a break in network connectivity (e.g. satellite communication not possible to establish, for whatever reason, possibly device breakage, or maybe local jamming of signal, or shielding, etc...), or by a breakage in the Golf Buddy producing a cessation of Voice functions.
In which case, the best way to get the Golf Buddy working again before fixing it or repair-servicing it, would be to go into its settings and disable the Voice functions, turn them Off. Is that possible?
If not, I advise a reset of the device - if it is at all hot or warm, by turning it Off (and removing the battery also, if possible) for at least 1/2 hour. Then trying it again.
(Note: I have confirmed by research that the voice function can cease to work, and that you can also turn Off the voice function.)
How old is your Golf Buddy Voice+ ? measured from its date of original purchase.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My golf buddy is about 1 year old. The golf course tried to access the buddy with their computer but could not
access the system. I will try taking the battery out to see if it will reboot.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Good... thanks for the information.Is the 'about 1 year old', over 1 years from purchasing, or less ? If less, your Golf Buddy is still within warranty - and you should turn it in for warranty repairs, before that time runs out.