Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

P520 gps takes a very long time to update. Turn it

Customer Question

P520 gps takes a very long time for gps to update. Turn it on and off. Blake battery in and out. Still an issue
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Have you installed the A-GPS update file, and also the 5/2014 versions 11 firmware for the camera from the Nikon website?
If not, Id strongly suggest you go to this link and install the GPS update first, and the 1.1 firmware update next.
http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/56/COOLPIX_P520.html
Before installing any updates. Make sure that you download, or backup any photos you have stored on the camera, as a precaution.
On the firmware download pages, it has a detailed instruction guide for both mac, and windows., and a quick install guide.
You will need a blank, formatted Sd card in order to install the updates.
If you run into any issues, or have any questions about the process. Send a reply and I will assist you further as needed.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.