Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I bought a garman out of a catalog the info I got was all in

Customer Question

I bought a garman out of a catalog the info I got was all in Spanish so icant figure out how to use it also I don't know how to register ir what can I do
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
When you received the device.. Did it come with a box? If so, does it mention the model number of the garmin, such as a Nuvi 1490 or Nuvi 55 LTM ?
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nuvi2597lmt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NUVI2597LMT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive told you what was on the box put in the password ***** gave me so I could change my password ***** that page didn't come up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not getting any answers from you
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Is the screens language in english on your Nuvi? If not, let me know and we can correct that.
With that being said, heres a link that contains all the various manuals for that device, in English.
http://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/manuals.htm?partNo=010-01002-01&language=en&country=US
You can view them on screen, or download and print the manuals. Whichever you prefer.
Another important note about your device, it has the LMT designation. Which stands for Lifetime maps & Lifetime traffic. hat that means, is you never have to pay for a map update.
So what you want to do first, is download the garmin express program
Which you can download from here.
http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html
Then, install the program.. Once installed, connect the nuvi to your computer and run garmin express. It will detect your device.
It will then allow you to register the device. ( make sure you use a working email address and correct information, as your free updates and your warranty will be tied to that information )
Once you register, it will allow you to update the devices maps ( if needed )
If you run into any issues registering or updating the device, or run into any issues viewing your manuals or operating the device after looking over the manual and quick start guide, let me know.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.