Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Can i charge my garmin muvi 3597 LM with a Mophie Power Station

Customer Question

can i charge my garmin muvi 3597 LM with a Mophie Power Station XL without harming the device and without harming the battery? What cable would I need? The cable that came with the Mophie does not fit into the Garmin.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask the AGE of your Nuvi?
Nay I also ask if you still have the USB cable that connects your Nuvi to the computer?
If so, that cable SHOULD be fine for connecting to the Mophie - to allow the device to charge. This is the same as connecting your Nuvi to a computer USB port - but COULD charge faster - if you pick the higher current outputs of the Mophie.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions related to your Nuvi.
Thanks, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased the Garmin January of 2015. I don't want to plug it into my home computer. I want to plug it into my mophie while I am in a hotel or in my car!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cable that came with the power station has a smaller thing that plugs into the back of the nuvi. Same shape, but smaller.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I find the right sized cable connection, I want to make sure I don't damage either the battery or the nuvi.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
You don't have to connect it to a computer - I was just mentioning that you could use the USB cable that came with the device (and connects it to a computer).
That same cable SHOULD connect to the Mophie OUTPUT connector, and you should be all set to go.
Also, if you are in a vehicle, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you use the Vehicle Power Adapter that came with the Nuvi - so that it can be powered and charged (at the same time).
And no - you should not damage either the battery (Mophie) or the Nuvi.
I hope that is clear. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I have a link to a short video review of the Mophie model you mentioned, and toward the end they connect an iPad to charge up. The connection to your Nuvi would be the same type of connection - EXCEPT that you would be using the USB cable that came in the package with your Nuvi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oVjm9HwJXI
Please take a look and let me know what you think.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions OR results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)