Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

I cannot load my golf course into the gps.I live in Ontario

Customer Question

I cannot load my golf course into the gps.I live in Ontario Canada.I have been trying to download Highlands Lalelands golf course in Timmins Ont.I purchased the gps on ebay and it works on the golf courses in Florida.Any suggestions?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
What is the make and model of the GPS you are having issues with?
How new is the Highlands Lalelands Golf Course?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
golfbuddy pro dsg gb200
highls lakelands golf course is roughly 10 years old.my old golf buddygps was able to load this course
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
According to the Golfbuddy Global, it is not listed on their course list. You can verify that by going to the following link:
http://golfbuddyglobal.com/courseLibrary/?searchCountry=9&searchState1=142&searchState2=1847&searchtext=&searchorder=&searchorder2=&searchword=h
Now it is possible to request that course. On the page that opens with the above link, towards the bottom is a blue button that says "Request Course Map."
It will prompt you to log in and then follow the on screen instructions to request that specific Golf Course map you are requesting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the course I am looking for is the Hollinger golf club.The front nine holes is called highland and the back nine holes are called lowland.I was misinfirmed of the proper name.Does this course show up on the list.
Thanks
Don
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, yes that course is on the list.
You will need the Golf Buddy Install Manager if you don't already have it.
http://golfbuddyglobal.com/support/downloads.asp
Use it to sync the available courses to your device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hell o
I have gone through the whole setup but the status on my gps has not changed.The hollinger golf course does not show up when I go to the select golf courses menu on my gps.I have downloadeded it several times but nothing has changed.When downloading to the gps I have tried with the power on and power off on the gps.I am obviously missing something.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
When you connect your device to the computer and turn it on, does it show that it is connected to the computer and does your computer recognize the device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I plug the gps into the computer there is no indication saying that it is plugged in.Do I have to sign in first.I read somewhere that because I am not the original owner of the gps I have to contact him for the password.I cannot do this as I bought it on ebay.Could this be the problem?>Would you be able to call me over the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####phone.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Did you download the program from the website I mentioned earlier?
When you plug it into your computer, the computer should recognize it. IF you have a firewall, you can try disabling the firewall to see if the unit is recognized. You should still be able to register the device, if not you can try contacting the ebay member you bought it from and asking them to remove it from their account so that you may add it as yours.