Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

I am trying to connect to garmin express and I get the messageto downl

Customer Question

I am trying to connect to garmin express and I get the messageto downloadGarmin express please use ch on your laptop. what in the world is ch?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your garmin device.
What is the exact message displayed please list any error codes if present. Are you using windows or a Mac? Where did you download garmin express from?
What is the model of your GPS device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The message displayed is system does not support Garmin Express to download Garmin Express pleas use ch on the desktop I am using windows. I was trying to do the download from Garminconnect,com/vivofit That is when I received the message above..
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Did you download the windows version or the Mac version by accident? What version of windows do you have? Is it an older computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to download on windows. I have windows 7 or 8 not sure which. The computer is only 4 years old. If I cannot get this done soon I will retorn the devise.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
What is the model of your device?
Your computer may not be able to support the latest version of express. Please tel me the make and model of your device and I'll see if there is an alternate method to update the unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The laptop is a toshiba model. satellite. this is start to get me upset. the garmin company should make things alot simpler. if i cannot load this it will be return and i will never get anything from garmin again. i got this because i was told how good a product this was1
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
I understand. What is the mode of the GPS unit itself? And does it have lifetime maps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is getting a little nuts. I have had the Garmin vivofit since Friday and it just sits here waiting to be used. It is not a gps. It is the vivofit as a watch,calories, sleep, and set goals. I hope that someone can get some answer. So far I will not suggest this product to anyone. I am really getting a little put out. I answer questions and keep getting more questions and it seems like the answer are not going!!!
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, the question was listed under the GPS category so I assumed it was a GPS.
Here is a direct download link to Garmin Express.
http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express-download.html#win
Download it from that link above and install it. Connect your vivo to the computer and turn it on. Then run the Garmin express program. Follow the prompts to get your unit updated and synced.
I apologize that there were some follow up questions. Please understand electronics requires troubleshooting and most often the easy answer is t always the right answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the download GarminExpress or the Dangerous url removed and is it under .com?
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
It is that link right there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be returning the Garmin Vivofit. The site dangerous url downloads just comes up with games. I checked all the pages and did not find anything on the vivofit. I will not told this product up to anyone who ask about it, I will not put it down. But you should have someone fix this problem. Also the charge of $34.00 is crazy for the first tech problem. I really wanted this to work for my fitness training. Once again it will be returned Tuesday.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, the link I provided is linked to the download of Garmin Express. There are no games on that site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like I am stuck with a 130 dollar garmin vivofit that I can not download to and like a dummy I threw the box out. Garmin has lost a customer that was about to buy the garmin golf watch. I hope that other people have better luck with this and any other garmin product.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Well If you have the receipt, you can call(###) ###-####and request an RMA to have your device repaired or replaced as long as its within a year of the date of purchase.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Itvdoes not need to be repaired nothing is broken but trying to get it set up to work. Replaceing it would not make any sense due to the link would still not work. Garmin has let this buyer down big time. I do not have anything good to say about Garmin.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
I still do not understand what you are seeing when you open the link. You say you are seing games, it is the download page for Garmin Express. No matter, I will forward your question for a refund since you are not satisfied. Have a good day.