Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

I have a GPS Map 295 cycle 0601 effective 19 jan to

Customer Question

I have a GPS Map 295 cycle 0601 effective 19 jan to 16 feb i would guess 2006.
my question is can I get a one time upgrade to this map a lot of the airport id's have changed, and then how do I accomplish downloading this into the 295 and i guess the easy part is paying for the upgrade.
thank you I do hope there is an easy answer.
Steve Jennings
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
You will need to go to flygarmin.com
If you have never been there, you will need to create an account. If you have a myGarmin account, then you can use that account. If not on the right side of the page, it says "Dont have one? Create one" Click the create one link.
Once you have set up your account, you may be asked to install the Garmin Communicator Plugin. If it does, install the program. The website uses the communicator plug in to communicate with your garmin device. Once it is completely install, close your internet browser and restart it. Once you restart your browser, navigate back to fly.garmin.com and then log in to your account.
Once you are logged in, click the portables tab at the top. Then on the right click add portable and then follow the on screen instructions to get your device added.
You can find pricing by going here:
https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/support/pricing
Once your device is registered to your account, you can click portables and it will tell you what updates are available. After you purchase your update, you will receive on screen instructions on how to install the updates to your device.
Ill give you sometime to get these steps knocked out. I will be on standby if you have any questions along the way or if anything is confusing and you need clarification on it, please let me know and I will do my best to break it down for you.