MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

Nubi will not calculate routes

Customer Question

nubi will not calculate routes
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
May I have the make, and full model # ***** your GPS device?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
garmin nubi, dont know the model ,its 1 year old +/-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get my message ????
Thank you for that.
When the unit is on,does it let you program the destination in and then just at that point will not calculate the directions?
Also does it seem like its trying to do that or nothing. Please be specific as this matters.
Also I need to know if the Garmin is just over 1 full year old or just under that period. Please as detailed as you can it will help me diagnose your problem quickly.
Thank you for your patience as these are technical issues;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1st question-yesand question -it try for a minute then goes to can not calculate routejust over 1 year
Thank you for that ;-)
As for this problem, this is an electronic component failure with the Satellite sensor, unfortunately this needs to be fixed by Garmin.
A few of these have had the exact same problem and they are aware of this. So they may fix this at a lower cost for you ;-)
Below is the website you need to visit for the shipping information.
They have a site for Italy but it seems to be down when I try it from here in the US.
But please visit: http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html
then select Italia. From there you will see information and a phone # ***** can call for this.
Or you can call the US phone number for the repair here are both numbers: Phone:(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####
They are the best place for this service because the price is the lowest and they are very quick and reliable;-)
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great weekend.
Please rate my service kindly at this time before closing this page, then you can reach me at no additional cost.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was half way to my destination and the unwent to "cant calculate route" I tried to enter other previous route but it said the same thing. tried to enter new address still said it " cant calculate route"Thanks we will be back in the US Monday and will call support
Hi yes I understand. Thank you;-)
This is a failed satellite sensor.
This is what I sent you:
Thank you for that ;-)
I will stick with you.
Thank you and have a great weekend.
Tech Michael