Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We bought a Garmin at Christmas and it already needs map updates.

Customer Question

We bought a Garmin at Christmas and it already needs map updates. It will no longer show a map when navigating. How can I fix this?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.Go tohttp://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.htmland (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device. If that fails to cure the problem, then you may have a defective Garmin device... in which case, having it serviced for free under warranty terms would be only appropriate, since it is less than one year old measured from date of purchase, and thus well within the warranty period.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I solved my question before I got your response. My Garmin is now updated.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to hear that the problem was solved, by whatever means. Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com. Please feel welcome to ask another question, at any time, in any one of our numerous categories.