Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.

updating nuvi 265w with new N America map. Updating hung on

updating nuvi 265w with new N America map. Updating hung on file 170 of 171. What do i do now?
Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your primary care technician.

Your only option will be to stop the update and restart it if the files haven't updated. It is possible that it finished the update but didn't get the response that it was finshed - so first disconnect the GPS and reboot it by holding the power button unitl it restarts. If the updated maps are not there, then it will have to be done again. It shouldn't take long when it works. It is possible that it failed doing the download or in applying it to the device, so start from the very beginning.

Before doing that, I would suggest closing down Garmin Express, restarting the computer and then plugging in the device again once the computer is completely started. Then try doing the update again. If it fails this time, it should give you an error messag - if it does, please let me know what the message is.

Let me know if you have any questions.