Steve G., Technician
Experience:  My company does component level repairs for GPS equip.
329447

I have a Garmin nuvi 1390 and it stopped powering up even with

I have a Garmin nuvi 1390 and it stopped powering up even with the power source connected. What is wrong with it?
Hi there and welcome. I'm Steve. Thanks for asking your question. I'm sorry to hear about your GPS.

Is the external power source you mention, the car charger?

Or something else?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards
Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the external power source is a car charger.

Ok. Can you check that the LED on the plug part of the car charger is illuminated please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is on.

Ok, go ahead and plug that in and then connect the GPS. Hold down the on off switch for 5-10 seconds. Do you see any signs of life from the Nuvi?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, Steve, you are the man. My GPS seems to be working fine now. Thank you for your help. I am confused though about the fee. I agree to the $30 for your help but I am not interested in any monthly membership monthly fee.

I am not privy to the site's marketing techniques. What I can do is shoot them an email requesting that you are not subject to a subscription. That usually works.

In the meantime, if you can rate my service, I will be compensated and I can close this question. Then I can send the request to billing.

I'm glad you got the GPS working. Give it a good long charge.

Thanks
Steve