Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional

How do I disengage the GPS in my 2003 Cadillac Seville?

Category: GPS
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if
something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is
sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you
right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another
customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon
as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

FActory or aftermarket gps?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Factory GPS. I'm told it's located in the back right hand corner under the back seat. One service guy at the Cadillac dealer said it couldn't be disconnected because that system works in conjunction to preform other functions that the vehicle relies on.

That's the extent of my knowledge about the subject.

Thanks very much Joe - just don't want to be tracked!!!

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Christine,

You will lose the gps, cell calls and on-star.

In the truck simply pull the panels to access the brain box, then disconnect the antennas.

Once that is done the system will still be in place and function you will just lose gps, cell, and on-star signals so there is no further tracking.

If
you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Thanks,

Joe

Bonuses
are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face please instead
reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are
negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for
those 3 do I get a pos rating. If for any reason you are not satisfied please
reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The
deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit you can then click
accept or one of the smile faces, but again only if you are satisfied and only
when you are ready to do so. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert
not the site or the product. If you have
any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
again for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply Joe-

Is there only one antennae to disconnect & is it easily identified?

Christine

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Christine,

Coax screw on antenna on the unit. You can of course disconnect the connector harnesses to it instead but there is no reason. If you disconnect the harnesses it will kill everything it is controlled with, sorry but I do not know everything it controls. What I do know is that if you disconnect the antenna it has no way to communicate anymore.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, Technician
Experience: ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional