Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Garmin Express Not Connecting to Garmin Services

Garmin Express is unable to connect to Garmin services.

Nuvi 1390, PC Windows 7x64, IE10, AVG

Welcome to

My name is Dustin and I am here to help!

When you connect the Garmin Nuvi to your PC and turn it on, and go to your start, my computer / computer screen, do you see the Nuvi 1390 listed as a device with removable storage? (like you would see a USB flash drive shown or a camera)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Excellent. Then the Nuvi has a data connection to the computer, and now we know the issue is with the Garmin software on your PC.

Please open Internet explorer, and then click this link

On that page, download and install the new version of the Garmin communicator plugin.
Once it is installed, please close all internet explorer windows, and open internet explorer again.

Now, go to this link

Internet explorer (and your computer) should now be able to see your Garmin connected. On that screen it should say that your Nuvi 1390 is connected, and it should allow you to update its software as needed.

As far as Garmin express itself is concerned, there is a different way of doing what we just did.

You probably need to go to your start, control panel, uninstall a program. Uninstall Garmin express and then re install it from this link{f9ca1dc0-4020-11e2-e8a7-000000000000}

If you get stuck Bill, or run into any issues, please use the reply to expert button.

Thanks! D. Sandlin