Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your GPS equipment

My Garmin Nuvi 50 LM comes on but then appears

Customer Question

My Garmin Nuvi 50 LM comes on but then appears will not proceed to any screens. The initial "Garmin" screen is all that displays, cannot proceed.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name is Thomas and I'm happy to help.

Turn off your Garmin. Hold your finger down on the bottom right hand corner of the touchscreen. With your finger firmly pressed in the corner, turn on the garmin, leave your finger there till you see a message on the screen to reset the data on the device. Do so, and the Garmin should be back to normal!

If you need more help please reply. If not rate positively and have a great day!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot turn off the Garmin

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I appreciate the quick response but that has not worked.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Do exactly as its done in this video. CLICK HERE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have done it repeatedly exactly as shown on video. Garmin logo comes up...and then nothing more. No matter how long I hold my finger in the corner, the next screen does not appear. And to top it off, I then cannot turn it off and just have to wait for it to run down and recharge it. Does Garmin have a customer service number I can telephone?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Try connecting the charger, and pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. The number for garmin is 1-800-800-1020.