Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

I have a tomtom gps model 4EN52. It has been giving me problem

Customer Question

I have a tomtom gps model 4EN52. It has been giving me problem with a waiting for valid GPS signal. It is only 2 months old. What can I do?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I will be happy to assist you.

What is the model of your tomtom? (Tomtom go, xl, xxl, one, or via?)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not know. I think it is go.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 5 years ago.
It will say usually on the underside of your device.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can see only TomTom. Model: 4EN52 Z1230
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 5 years ago.
Ok your model is a tomtom via.

A software update may help your issue. Click Here to download mytomtom. Install the program. Connect your unit to your computer and turn it on. Allow it a minute or two and then run mytomtom. The application will open up in your task bar in the lower right hand corner. Right click the icon and click check for updates. If updates are available, install them. Once the updates have been installed, remove your device from your PC and allow it to restart. Take it outside in clear view of the sky, keep it stationary, and allow it about 15 minutes or so to obtain a signal. It usually will pick it upwithin a few minutes but sometimes getting the initial signal takes slightly longer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will try this but if it doesn't work can I ask you again tomorrow?
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 5 years ago.
Of course.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was in Montreal the other day when I asked all those questions. I had to wait until the morning to try your advice since it was late at night and my car was at the garage. I left early morning yesterday for the U.S. but not before I tried your advice. My GPS still tells me it is waiting for a valid GPS signal. I used Waze from my iphone which worked and now I am back. Still, my GPS is useless.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 5 years ago.
was there a software update available when you checked myTomTom?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes there was, and I was able to download. I am using it now and so far I got no problem. Thanks a lot. Sorry for the delay in my response. Haven't opened my e-mail in ages.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 5 years ago.
Not a problem. Please let us know if you have further issues and we will be happy to assist you! Have a great day!