Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098
GPS

Can I retrieve the trip history from my Garmin Nuvi 1370T.

I would like to superimpose... Show More
I would like to superimpose the data onto maps if it is possible.
Category: GPS
Michelle-mod, Moderator
replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Yes I am still awaiting a reply.
Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

KKassel, Technician
replied 4 years ago.
So you just want the driving log correct?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Yes. I would like to retrieve the route information to superimpose on maps so that I can keep a record of where we have been on our annual American driving holidays. The CSV files only contain the origin and destination GPS coordinates. However, the routing data must be stored somewhere on the Nuvi because it appears on screen.
KKassel, Technician replied 4 years ago.
A mileage report is created for every route that you drive. If you stop a route on your nüvi, a mileage report is created for the distance you traveled

. 1. Touch Tools > ecoRoute > Mileage Report

. 2. Select a report.

You can view up to 20 mileage reports on your nüvi.

You can also access mileage reports in the Reports folder on your nüvi drive volume.
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
I'm afraid that this is does not answer my question. The ecoRoute data does not contain the GPS data for the route taken on a given trip. Please read the communication of Tuesday which defines what I am looking for.
It's under the report file, you must turn it on

It will show a blue track
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Let me try to be a little clearer. I wish to take the information from my Nuvi, put it into a map on the computer and show the actual route that I took on any given trip. The data is there on the Nuvi because with the Trip Log option set to "Show", the Nuvi displays the route on the Nuvi screen (as a blue track). I wish to retrieve this data and permanently store it on a map as part of my holiday records. So the question is: where is the data; what software to I need to retrieve it; what software to I need to place it in a map for viewing on my computer.
Sijad H., Technician
replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question, I think I can assist you.

Any kind of waypoints, or tracking data is saved to a .gpx file on your nuvi. Connect your nuvi to your desktop and turn it on. Once it is recognized by your computer, open my computer and double click on the nuvi drive. Here you should see a GPX folder, inside this folder is going to be gpx files. Copy them to your desktop.

Then click here. Use that website to convert the .gpx files from your desktop into .kml. Now you can load them into google maps and view them.