KKassel
KKassel, Technician
Experience:  FIXING AND INSTALLING GPS SYTEMS FOR 5 YEARS
44029509

I have a Garmin nuvi 1450LMT. I am trying to install my first

I have a Garmin nuvi 1450LMT. I am trying to install my first map update. The installation seems to be looping.
I start the Mac, start Safari, start Google, and receive a message "Map Updater, US and Canadian 2012.40 is available for 'my nuvi 1450' boxes to select either update now or remind me later." I select update now.
Garmin Lifetime Updater screen appears for license agreement, I agree and select continue.
The Garmin Lifetime Updater screen blurs and one box appears " Please connect 'my nuvi 1450 to your Mac to continue and a selection box to install later, and no other option available. I select install later.
Garmin Lifetime Updater screen appears, message "New map Update available, US and Canada 2012.40. There is a selection box "update my nuvi 1450 and my Mac. I select the only option.
The Garmin Lifetime Updater screen reappears with the license agreement. I agree and select continue, The Garmin Lifetime Updater screen blurs and ....

There is a Preferences Window, Preferences are set as follows:
Schedule - automatic downloading ON, Download Schedule ANYTIME, Auto Launch at Log In Checked.
Devices - Friendly Name MY NUVI 1450, Description nuvi 1450, Serial Number 23F994163.
Install - Set for install to both.
Category: GPS
Expert:  KKassel replied 2 years ago.
There an install now box to check
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In paragraph 2 there is a option to update now, which I select.

iIn paragraph 4, after the request to connect "my nuvi 1450", I connect the Nujvi 1450 to the USB port on my Mac with the Garmin supplied interface cable. Nothing changes, the Garmin update screen remains blurred, and the only option box is "Install Later" the is no box to install now.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
HI and thank you for your question. I think i may be able to assist you.

When you connect your device to your MAC is it displayed on your mac as connected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing is displayed on the Mac. The Garmin 1450 displays a Garmin 1450 with a wire interface to a computer.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
ok thats the issue then. The computer is not recognizing your garmin which in turn is not alowing the updater program to update your unit. Are you using an original garmin cable? are you using a usb hub? do you have any firewalls that are enabled? Do you have another computer in the house?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. Yes I am using the Garmin cabel that came with the 1450.
2. No, I am not using a USB hub.
3. Not that I am aware of. This computer was purchased for me while I was recovering from a broken knee a couple of years ago and set up by by my son and my wife. I do not know if there is a firewall enabled. Is there some way I can check, and what should I look for?
4. My wife also has a Mac Book, and we both use the same internet service and an Apple Airport.
Expert:  KKassel replied 2 years ago.
You have to turn spotlight off, it's Mac firewall
KKassel, Technician
Experience: FIXING AND INSTALLING GPS SYTEMS FOR 5 YEARS