Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

My Garmin Nuvi 265WT GPS does not seem to hold its charge.

My Garmin Nuvi 265WT GPS does not seem to hold its charge. The cable that I put into the lighter socket in the car does not charge the battery. I have charged the unit through my computer and it seems to keep the charge but once in the car the message that comes up is battery low. I also checked and replaced the fuse, but with no success. What do you suggest? Also is there a list of repair depots for the unit? Thanks.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question I will be happy to assist you.

How old is your device?

Just to be certain, your device holds a charge after being charged on the computer but will not hold a charge when charged with the vehicle charger. Is this correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The device is a refurbished unit that I purchased a couple of years ago. The device seems to hold a charge after being charged on the computer but not when charged with the vehicle charger.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 4 years ago.
Alright then the issue is with the vehicle charger. I recommend getting a replacement charger. Would you like information on where to purchase one?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. Please let me know where I can purchase a new cable.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 4 years ago.
Please Click Here. THe link i provided for you is for an oem replacement charger with the traffic feature.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am trying to find the cable but am running into problems. Do you realize that I am in Canada?
Also, before I say I am satisfied I would like to try the new cable to make sure that it works. If it does then I do not have a problem in paying.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I didnt see that you were from Canada. If you go to a website like amazon.com or simple google search for Garmin GTM 25 that is your replacement charger. Of course, you can get the charger first to make sure it works and then come back and click accept later. Thats perfectly fine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have ordered it from Amazon.com and they are sending it within 2-4 business days. When I get it I will try it and if it works, I will let you know and you can use my deposit. Thanks for your help. Let me know how I get back in touch with you for payment.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 4 years ago.
Simply log in to the website. Click my questions at the top right hand corner and select this question. Or you can add this page to your favorites and just open it when you are ready to come back. Have a good day!