Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

How do you reset the TOM TOM ONE N14644? Cant find the reset

How do you reset the TOM TOM ONE N14644? Can't find the reset button. Thanks!
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. if your device has a reset button, it will be located on the under side of the unit and is no bigger that the size of a paperclip. You will eitther need a paper clip or a needle or something to that effect to push it in to reset it. A ball point pen may work also.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No reset button to be found on buttom of the TOM TOM N14644
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
ok there are several different versions of the tomtom one. what islocated on the underside of your specific unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It states TOMTOM ONE N14644 Canada 310. Does that help?
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
is there a slot for an sd card on yours? basically just trying to figure out the generation of your tomtom one thats why I am asking all these questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No problem, There's no slot for an SD card. This is a basic model. It only has a on/off button on the top right side of the TomTom. I think it's from around 2007. I bought it about 2 yearsI

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
Alright. To reset your device, you would hold the power button for 15-20 seconds or until the unit comes on and that resets your device.

Click here to view the manual for your device. On page 3 of the manual under where it says "Having trouble?" It states the reset procedure above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That didn't work. I get no responce when I hold down the on/off button for 15 to 20 seconds.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
What is wrong with your device?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't get the GPS to power up to reset the device.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, sometimes it helps with the reset if the device is plugged into a power source. With it plugged in, hold down the power button for up to 30-45 seconds. If that doesn't work then your device may have an internal failure. When was the last time it worked? Has anything happened to it since?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had the device pluged in for 2 hours before I contacted you. A green light on the bottom of the GPS iights up whe it is pluged into the power source but when I push the on off button nothing happens.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
I understand that it is charged, but it helps if the unit is connected to power. If that is not helping then there may be an internal error. I can give you information on how to get repair service on your device.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, but I don't think it;s worth the price to fix it. I'll take the info. Thanks for your help!!
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
Well thers a slight chance they may repair it for you. Thats why i mentioned it. you would have to call(NNN) NNN-NNNNand just explain to them that the green light is on but the unit is not starting. If not, I wouldn't recommend paying for the repair because at the same price you can get a newer unit with better technology and newer maps for the same price or less.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience: 5+ years repairing various GPS models.